Welcome to Mentour, make yourself at home...

This site takes you on a tour; strictly for men of leisure with a zest for fashion and lifestyle. I felt there was a need for more blogs about what we want to see more of that peaks our interest. Of course, we love our women, who are more than welcome to browse around. Hope you enjoy and continue to visit. Comments would be greatly appreciated...

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gossip Guy. Out and about...


As I was passing by my talent agency the other day on Broadway, I bumped into Penn Badgley, who plays caffeine addicted Poet, Dan Humphrey on the hit CW show, Gossip Girl. Him and his girlfriend, Blake Lively went on a retreat to Thailand not too long ago. I informed him that I started a mens blog and wanted to ask him a few questions; no pressure. Penn replied by asking if it was only for my blog, because he's a pretty private person. I assured him it was only information I would post personally.

JH: Hey dude, haven't seen you since my event I hosted a few weeks ago. How ya been?

PB: Yeah bro, that was a cool party. I'm just trying to stay warm. Focusing on acting and music.

JH: It's freezing out here, hope you have enough layers on and you're staying hydrated. Funny how recently at that fashion event, you didn't recognize who John Galliano was.

PB: I'm still getting familiar with the fashion world and didn't realize he was a huge designer.

JH: Looking forward to seeing what you'll wear next month, in February for Fashion Week.

PB: (Smirks) Let's see, I like to keep it simple...

JH: (Shrugs) Ok cool, I'll catch up with you then...

* I'll keep you guys posted on celebs and events leading up to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.


Before running into Penn, I was asked to be interviewed for a web show, wanting to know my sleep patterns. Well, I am always working and hardly ever sleep. There's way too much work to be done! I used to sleep walk when I was a kid. But guys, I must say this...in order to limit the amount of nightmares you have, don't eat heavy meals before going to bed. Trust me, have you ever had one of those dreams where you were falling off a skyscraper, straight out of that opening scene of the Mad Men TV show? That's some scary shit.

I did some research and found that under the cover of night, sleep floods your veins with age-defying human growth hormone. Sleep raises an army of T cells and sends them into battle against colds and infection. Sleep resets the appetite controls that tell you to not hit the turn signal when you pass a McDonald's. And, of course, sleep helps you above the neck as well as below the belt.

Sleep stabilizes your waking brain, makes you more alert, and allows you to process information faster. It helps you remember things and consolidate those memories. You won't get that from Red Bull.

Man, it's been a long week of work, one day of rest (sort of) and more to get done this week. I have to shoot a catalog all day tomorrow, so signing off for now and catchin' some Zzzz's...

No comments:

Post a Comment